Feb 3, 2011

Salty Air

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I've been spending lots of time outdoors, just reading and listening to Deerhunter (the library had Halcyon Digest, Microcastle/Weird Era, and coincidentally came across them, which were exactly the same albums I've been meaning to download), reading lots of Kerouac, and drinking Seven Blossoms tea. The weather has been amazing, except for the last two days, which were filled with snow and other things that make me "moody." To be honest, the last couple of days have been the break I've been needing for the longest time. I've eaten all I wanted, watched as many movies as I could, and have blamed the weather for not going to the gym, and have put it off my mind.

In my opinion, magazines are not what they used to, since many of the things I have an interest in have come across to me via the internet but recently, i checked out Outside and GQ since I believe that paying for a magazine subscription or issue is pointless when one can just borrow them from the library. Anyways, I haven't read these magazines for a while and let me tell you, I'm so glad I did. They have inspired me to become the man I've been dreaming to be, and I've also discovered that Nate Berkus is Jewish (plus points) but doesn't like to wash his hair and tries to put it off as much as possible (points deducted). I think it's beyond ridiculous when guys don't wash their hair, there really shouldn't be a reason not to wash it. Simply disgusting--but oh well, I'm still a sucker for that small framed Jew.

Also, got some new Thrift finds, and the best find was this real leather aviator jacket for 6 dollars. Thrift Thursdays!

Currently listening to: Low Shoulder by Toro y Moi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

geez. arent you cold? I like the facial hair, it looks nice.

mikey said...

thank you soooo much :) ill try it out! ^^